Having bright, white teeth is a sign of good oral hygiene and enhances your appearance. Teeth whitening has become a popular cosmetic treatment in Dubai, thanks to its quick, safe, and effective results. This article will explore the procedure of teeth whitening in Dubai, including what it involves, the types of treatments available, and how to care for your teeth post-treatment.
Why Do Teeth Stain?
Teeth can become discolored or stained over time due to various factors, including aging, poor oral hygiene, smoking, and consuming certain foods and drinks such as coffee, tea, red wine, and soda. Additionally, some medications can cause tooth discoloration.
Types of Teeth Whitening Treatments
There are two types of teeth whitening treatments available in Dubai - in-office teeth whitening and take-home teeth whitening kits.
In-Office Teeth Whitening
In-office teeth whitening is a fast and effective way to achieve brighter teeth. The procedure involves applying a whitening gel to the teeth, which is activated using a special light. The entire process usually takes around 30-60 minutes, depending on the level of discoloration.
Take-Home Teeth Whitening Kits
Take-home teeth whitening kits are a more affordable option and can be used in the comfort of your own home. The kit includes custom-made trays and a whitening gel, which is applied to the trays and worn for a specified period each day. Results may take longer than in-office whitening, but they are still effective.
Procedure of Teeth Whitening in Dubai
Both in-office and take-home teeth whitening treatments in Dubai follow a similar procedure.
In-Office Teeth Whitening Procedure
- The dentist will examine your teeth and gums to ensure that you are a suitable candidate for the treatment.
- The dentist will clean your teeth to remove any plaque or debris that may interfere with the whitening process.
- A protective gel or rubber shield is applied to the gums to protect them from the whitening gel.
- The whitening gel is applied to the teeth and left on for 15-30 minutes, depending on the level of discoloration.
- The whitening gel is removed, and the teeth are rinsed.
- The procedure may be repeated several times until the desired level of whiteness is achieved.
Take-Home Teeth Whitening Procedure
- The dentist will take an impression of your teeth to create custom-made trays.
- The dentist will provide you with the whitening gel and trays.
- You will apply the whitening gel to the trays and wear them for a specified period each day, usually for 1-2 weeks.
- You will visit the dentist to ensure that the treatment is progressing as expected.